Friday 4 March 2011

A cafe

 Walking down busy kitschy street, i notice  one of those trendy cafes.The ones that try hard not to look overly commercialized with gothic architecture and  high ceiling. I am curiously attracted too. As i walk towards the main entrance i see posh leathered upholstered seats with a array of interesting patron's, dusted a bouts. I don't know why, but each time i am in a new place i get nervous, and incredibly self consicous . My throat closes in. I see the counter, with the barista ready to take my order. i look around, to survey the rest of the place, and taking note that there is a seat close to the left of the room. Walls are covered with various art, i make a mental note, to have a better look later. As a vixen you think i would take control of the room and make a enthralling comment to the barista , take my cafe and continue a conversation with the stranger next to me. Far from it. I barely can order my mochacinno, and scurry to wait for them to prepare my drink. Someone else walks in to the cafe. My attention is captured within seconds. Does this person realize how good looking they are?? Omg _ i'm ogling-not good. The only way out of this, is to walk away without any other...ooops too late, my laptop bag, gets caught on a lavish wooden chair which i've now dragged. To make matters worst, a loud screeching sound is produced by my clumsiness, and needless to say- eyes on me. Not the way i wanted to be noticed. I am red faced, and looking to just escape this trendy gothic cafe. Obviously i cannot leave, i've got a ceramic cup. I'd be stealing a cup- and it could lead to more embarssement. So i've now taken a seat. I just lost all courage to look up or even talk to the other patrons in the cafe. I quickly sip my mocha and rush out. This isn't how a real vixen would act- she would have controlled the situation and at least make a hilarious joke. But i, was mortified. In my mind a huge neon sign went off,  blinking- "get out of here". Which put me into military mode, make a quick and swift escape.  Ta-Daum! i am a foolish dork.Lesson, i've learned, even with all my years of experiences as a adult, i still cannot pull of a cool entrance.    

No comments:

Post a Comment