Tuesday 8 March 2011

Tick Toc

So this is the situation- i am frantically searching for a new apartment-my current one, needs to be vacated by april 1st. My beautiful apartment is spacious bright and has high ceiling. Its close to our central hub, and i have access to all major highways- which is essential for Ontario living. Problem, my co tenants. I mean i knew it was much to good to be true. Free parking everything included, ladies i mean hydro heating electricity, i can leave the lights on all day and night and never worry. Low cost living in the big city ! Such a delight. What's driving me insane, is my neighbours. Lets talk about my hermit neighbour that lives across from me. Two month after purchasing the gorgeous place, i heard the constant high pitched barking from a small maltese dog. Now lets remember that i am a worker who works 18hrs to 12hrs- day or night shifts, sleep in all sorts of hotel room- and constantly worried about bed bugs.Besides the point-if i am in montreal, and get our downtown hotel- i am sure not sleep a wink, since young adolescence coming from the USA, are overly seduced by the fact that the drinking age is 18, and they gorge ever ounce of any alcoholic beverage in sight. Meantime, exhausted i returns to my humble beautiful abode, and the moment i sleep, i hear that ever so high pitch barking! From 10 am till 7pm. I am distorted. i am angry, and am so tried that tears are rolling down my cheeks. I called my  landlord on numerous occasions. She let me know that she told him multitude times of the situation, and informed me, that after 7 months- of speaking to him, she cannot do anything about it. I was left on my  own. So i called animal services, and they asked me to call and verbally log-in complains- which i did, daily,weekly.Three months of this, they asked me to write a log,describing what i was doing when the dog was bark how it was disturbing me and what time it started and ended. Another 3 months later, i am still calling everyday and begging Animal services to come and make that dog stop barking. ( constant high pitched barks every 30 seconds - 4 to 7 barks in a row) is what i was writing- but a year and 4 months later, Animal services still hasn't gotten back to me, and i relish my 4 hrs of sleep i get at my hotel rooms, or the 2hrs of sleep i get in this messed up building. I am mentally zombied out, and physically always exhausted. I still take my car to busy underground malls, park and sleep for an hour or two. Its cold in the winter time and parking lot cops always look puzzling when they see a girl in a flannel blanket sleeping in the back of her car. So now, a year and a few month down the line, dark circles apart of my new Beauté. So i decided in a fit of insanity to give my 2 month notice. Today 26 days to my eviction, i am regretting it. For the same price, of what i am paying now, i can have a run down apartment in  a  complex including people doing Meth in the hallway. All part of the ambiance. Lets not forget the paper thin walls, providing continuance audible entertainment.Tick toc, the days are slipping, and i'm panicked.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment